Friday, March 04, 2005

many things...

Many things got brought up for me by the articles this week...maybe that will make me talk more in class. For now, I will just ask one question that is mostly coming from the Wilson and Stanley articles. In the job market, how much does it actually matter if you have computer skills? Does it depend on the job market (e.g. inner city, high unemployment rate, general SES, farm town)? It obviously depends somewhat on the job--but is it becoming necessary for most jobs? I'm wondering because I tend to think it is not a big deal whether or not someone has a computer, but-- if knowledge of computers/internet really has a direct correlation to getting jobs then I think at least the knowledge is very important...especially in inner cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment