Tuesday, January 27, 2009



This is a picture of myself celebrating the beauty of a piece of moss (held up to my neck) that I recently found on a hike outside of San Francisco. It was lovely. Unfortunately, soon after my brother destroyed it. Older brothers are horrible. I have two. I'm not even going to get into the time they told me they had put my favorite teddy bear in the oven and turned it into a spoon.

Anyways, this is my second semester in SLIS and my interests are predominately in the public library sphere. I have recently begun working at the CCBC and find children's and young adult books quite interesting. I also work at the Hawthorne Branch of the public library. I received my undergraduate here in Madison, in English and Women's Studies. I am a true and blue Wisconsinite, hailing from the Musky Capitol of the World- Hayward (also home to the World Lumberjack Championships).

I always knew that I eventually wanted to end up in library school, but I took two years off and worked as a personal care assistant to people with disabilities, which I found to be a very rewarding and invaluable experience.

I'm looking forward to the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment