Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sharon S. Introduction


Greetings everyone -
I’m in my final class to complete the Master’s in Library Science. I grew up in northeastern Pennsylvania and got my undergrad in Anthropology, English and Women's Studies from Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, PA. Following that, I went to Washington, DC, where I got a Master’s in public policy and women’s studies at George Washington University and also worked full-time in GWU’s main library for four years.
Then I spent the next eight years working for a non-profit organization in DC that ran conferences, seminars and internships for women college students about policy and politics. In 1999, my partner and I moved to Wisconsin. I worked for a K-12 library for a while and then part-time at a YMCA when my kids were little. Four years ago, I started the SLIS program part-time. I live in Watertown (about an hour northeast of Madison), with my partner (he teaches high school English) and our two daughters, ages 5 and 8. I also work part-time at the Robinson Map Library at UW doing metadata and cataloging. The picture is me and my daughters at the Milwaukee zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment