Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Meagan P. (Introduction)



Hi. I'm Meagan Parker, a second semester student in SLIS. This is my dog Dipsy, who is both cute and incredibly naughty. She likes to eat coins.

I grew up in Wauwatosa, WI. I knew from a very young age that I wanted to live in a big city someday, and so moved to Chicago for my undergraduate studies. I attended DePaul University and got my BA in English and a minor in Peace Studies. While at DePaul, I became involved with various social justice organizations both within the university and around the city. Chicago stole my heart, and I'm hoping to move back and work in the public library system there. Through my work at both a homeless shelter/resource center and an after school program on Chicago's West Side, I realized that public libraries combined many of my passions. Deciding that this was how I wanted to "do my part" and be a part of the community led me here to Madison.


In my free time, I enjoy reading, baking, spending time with friends, riding my bike, and looking at cats on Petfinder.com. Unfortunately, several important people in my life are allergic, so I just covet friends' cats and stare longingly at them on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment