Sunday, February 15, 2004

It took me quite a while to decide what I would like to propose as a final paper, and try to find a narrow enough focus. I finally decided on these two topics in the end (albeit focused mostly on schools instead of other topics we may cover), and I do like my first one more.

1. Recent studies have shown the United States high school test scores to be even lower than before, ranking into the teens. In the 70s, the US was ranked near the top, and it has been steadily decreasing ever since. How does technology play a role in the numbing and dumbing of our future generations? Are schools focused too much in trying to incorporate technology into the classroom instead of the curriculum of the classroom, or are other nations using technology in a better teaching manner?

2. Many of the materials we read pointed out different uses of technology in schools. I would like to know what the schools in America are using their computers for: as tools for the students to "improve" their current curricula materials, or as another "class" to teach them how to use the computer effectively. And if not one of those, what they really are doing now that they have these technologies. Are they making a difference, positively or negatively?

::The kingdom of God is within you and all around you.
It is not within buildings of wood or stone.
Split a piece of wood and you will find me.
Look beneath a stone and I am there. ::

No comments:

Post a Comment