Thursday, February 26, 2004

February 26, 2004 (12:44 PM)
SUBJECT: I FEEL SO DISINHIBITED WHEN I DO E-MAIL IN MY UNDERWEAR!!

Disinhibited vs. Uninhibited/re: the language of MUDs

As I understand it, DISINHIBITED bears a close relationship to the word UNINHIBITED though uninhibited is more implicit in someone who has no inhibitions "around other people" ; whereas, DISINHIBITED means having no inhibitions "within a virtual world" (where the chances of meeting are so so very remote as to be considered nill). Is my understanding of this nuance in meaning correct? Explain or elaborate further, please (i.e. which is more radically NOT INHIBITED?).

Thanks.

John BAKEN
The Disinhibited One

P.S. I am wearing all my clothes as I write this (I'm in Memorial Library's computer lab).


No comments:

Post a Comment