Thursday, February 10, 2005

Wireless Initiative

I am intrigued by the invitation sent to Greg about a Wireless project in Southwestern Wisconsin. I know I don't know all the details, but I did notice that the note only mentions technical considerations.

Is it any wonder that a (or several) divide (s) exist between Dane County and Southwestern Wisconsin? Here in the Madison Area, our working lives (see: white coller service sector, University & government) are saturated with ICT. Meanwhile, the areas farm communities have far less interaction with computers and the Internet, even if Farmer Halverson did get a PC for the business, or for his children or grandchildren.

For my part, I would be glad for a little more balance between us. I spent most of my day sitting in front of my PC, stealing glances out the window at the sunshine.

I would be curious to see whether the discussion in Platteville tomorrow begins with a conversation about community, or if technology is all that is on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment