Monday, March 09, 2009

Book For Final Review Project


The book I have chosen for the final review project is Achieving Diversity: A How-To-Do-It Manual for Librarians, by Dewey & Parham. While this book does not entirely focus on digital issues, it does have a chapter devoted specifically to the digital divide. Other issues it addresses are creating a diverse library staff and tailoring your collection to meet the needs of diverse patrons.

I'm particularly interested in this title it because it provides some relatively concrete ways to act on the problem at a small scale level.

For this project I also considered Digital Inclusion: Teens, and your Library: Exploring the Issues and Acting on Them (2005), Farmer. I'll bring it to class if anyone wants to focus on youth issues and would be interested in picking it as their book (right now I have it check out from the Madison Public Library System).

No comments:

Post a Comment