Sunday, February 01, 2009

Into Brenton



Hello, I’m Brenton Stewart a second year doctoral student in LIS pursuing a minor in Geography. My focus is on various information users and their production of various types of information. Issues of digital divides and differences obviously intersect with this line of investigation. As I’m a budding cartographer I hope to incorporate lots of maps into my future works.

I’m from the southeastern United States, North Carolina, and earned a BA in History and African American Studies at the University of NC- Greensboro, and received my M.S. in Library Science at Clark Atlanta University, in the city-state of ATL. I began my library career as a Resident Librarian at Kansas State University, in Manhattan, where I mainly cataloged Electronic Serials. Two years later I returned to the Atlanta city-state to work at Southern Polytechnic State University where I was the University Cataloger. There I encountered issues with respect to digital divides among students and, the dread of many academic librarians everywhere,- the community user! (also known as the external user to some)

Over the last year my leisure reading has merged with scholastic interests, ergo I can honestly tell you that I love reading about communities of practices, social exclusion and how all of the aforementioned work to create and maintain identity (ies). 

No comments:

Post a Comment